Martin Thomas, Jr. focuses his practice of law in the areas of personal injury, criminal law, traffic, contract law and civil litigation. He routinely tries civil cases in the courts of Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth and Chesapeake.
In 2009, Martin began teaching a class, “Life Beyond the Felony: How to Restore Your Rights,” to the students in the Fresh Start Program at TCC in Portsmouth. He currently teaches the class monthly at the Goodwill Employment Center in Portsmouth and as a part of the re-entry program at Chesapeake City Jail.
“Clients are often going through very trying circumstances and I am here to help them through those situations.” – Martin Thomas, Jr.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Law
- Contract Law
- Commonwealth of Virginia, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Eastern Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Western Virginia
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute — B.A., 2002
- University of Richmond – J.D., 2006
Professional and Civic Associations
- Norfolk City Council
- Norfolk and Portsmouth Bar Association
- Vice Chairman, City of Norfolk Planning Commission (2011 – 2016)
- Norfolk Architectural Review Board (2014 – 2016)
- Vice President, Wards Corner Civic League
- Founder, Wards Corner Now
- Board of Directors, St. Mary’s Catholic Cemetery
- Peter Decker Children’s Charity Board
- Wards Corner Optimist Club
- Knights of Columbus, Council #3548